Learning from B2C – Onboarding new users
Is your job done when the purchasing manager signs the purchase order?
Once your end-user has your products in hand – do they know how best to use ’em?
The end-user needs to be guided on your products best features just like they were using a consumer app. Training, SDS’s, videos, offers and even surveys are all things your end-user (and you) need – but you’re probably not providing them.
On a very high level there are three main goals of a successful onboarding process:
- Shorten the amount of time and effort required to learn to use your product most efficiently.
- Make it easier for the end-user to do their job successfully with your product.
- Educate users on new ways to do their job – hopefully with your product but not necessarily.
B2B has been slow to address the end-user with modern tools – mobile phones. And today it is so easy, fast and cost-efficient for you to reach the end user if you give them the tools to be the best they can be.
Action plan to consider: Gather all the training material you have on your product and classify into 3 categories:
- Helps the end-user (training videos, tips, and tricks, live support tools),
- Helps end-user’s management team (SDS\’s, order forms etc) and lastly,
- what helps you (related products, accessories, etc.)
Create a mobile-friendly web page with above info and create a QR code that points the page. Inform your customers!! So often suppliers simply neglect to inform buyers of the tools available.